RSS Feed

Winter Wonders!

As North India shivers its way through a cold wave, and some unfortunate people succumb to it, I sit here talking about the wonders of winter... Heartless? Maybe I am.
But no matter what, I'm loving the fog outside. Or maybe not exactly outside; because it's actually trying its best to come barging right into my hostel room. On the way I walked right through a thick foggy curry.
And even within the hostel, which normally carries the aura of a safe and enclosed open space, I can hardly see the breathing souls more than a few inches away! And what to say about the aurait's just... Well, fogged up!
Here are two interesting facts:
1. While most of us hardly have a directly visible square inch of skin even indoors, there are a few out on the terrace, busy on the phone. (I don't know how to react.)
2. The entire day was clouded/foggy, and the only times the sun was visible, it took everyone a moment to realize it's not the moon that got yellower and fartherIT'S THE SUN! And the weather forecast for the entire week was that it'll be sunny, with single digit positive temperatures (Celcius) and highs around 20 degrees. I can now tell why looking up the weather hasn't really caught on in India. Or maybe this is the reason the forecast doesn't come after enough research. And then again... Oh well.